Sunday, March 24, 2013

Results of "Forced Discipline and Regimen Month"

The month is up and the results are "good."  Not "spectacular" but well enough to show improvement.

















Though physically there is some visual improvement, most of the improvement came via numbers.  i.e. - my bench press increased by 15 pounds, military press by 10 pounds, the amount of reps I could do also increased, and my resting heart rate went below 60.  Blood pressure is also low at 114/70.  I lost no weight, but did lose an inch in the waist, leaving me to believe I translated some fat into muscle.

While I did want to pretty much cut out all carbs and go paleo, unfortunately I pretty much had already done that as much as is "bachelorly" possible.  Meaning to cut out carbs would require I make my own food and go WAY out of my way to do so.  I got sick of spending an hour in the grocery store looking up "carbs" on the back of boxes.  Carbs are freaking everywhere.  Nearly impossible to cut it out of your diet beyond just not eating bread, pasta and other obvious things.  It's easier instead to just work out more or run some physical chores or errands and eat the occasional Mexican dish than piss away an hour a day "looking up carbs."

The work out routine I followed was alternative lifting weights and running each day, it was also closely paralleled to Victor Pride's "30 Days of Discipline."  So one day I would lift weights and the next day I would run.  I forced myself to run 6 miles a day no matter how cold or how tired I was.  I would take Sunday's off.  Thankfully, however, this routine has become engrained and I will continue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment