Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Memes & Infographics

I don't know how many of my readers do the Facebook thing here.  So called infographics (perhaps should be better termed disinfo graphics in most cases) and memes are big in that social media venue.  These have, IMO, both good and bad aspects to them.  They are a reflection of just what a sound bite world we live in, which on balance I believe is a bad thing because two things happen with sound bites -- effective summarization of a larger theme or camouflaging misinformation.  On the good side, and to the former point, many people are reached at an intellectual level more by visuals and short phrases than by a sea of text.  

In any case, I thought I would share a couple of these here from time to time.  Many of these cannot be tracked back to an originator or are posted in "friends only" places so linking/attribution is difficult, so I won't be doing that here.  If anyone recognizes their work and would like attribution (or recognizes someone else's work and can provide a publicly accessible nod), pipe up in comments or pop me a note (carbsane at gmail dot com) .
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment