Saturday, February 2, 2013

The problem with (NOT) giving medical advice in the Incestral Health Community

Just about every major blogger and guru in the IHC has a lengthy medical disclaimer page.  They are not providing medical advice on the internet because if they are an MD it's illegal (my understanding of the law, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here),  and if they are not, it's illegal to practice without a license.  Same goes for nutritional advice and all that.  

Right after the medical disclaimer, where you've usually been given the "I have no special training in what I'm about to convey" spiel, or, the flipside, the disclaimer is signed with a name and a litany of letters after it.  And from time to time, you get nothing more than a telling of someone's story on how they cured themselves.  The IHC is big on this.  One of the more recent trends in the IHC is the promotion of ketogenic diets for curing cancer.  I consider this to be wholly irresponsible unless there is a focus on using the diet in conjunction with medical therapies that have been proven effective.  I don't see enough of that in this community, rather too much of the opposite of doctor bashing.  
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment