Friday, May 25, 2012

Press the Attack Forward, Men

Short story, then I'll get back to having fun.

I'm at a country bar right now.  Place is packed.  "Beatrice" who is 89 years old comes up and asks me to dance,

not once,

not twice

but thrice

She is happy as all hell to be dancing.

I find out she's was a WWII vet, part of the women's Air Corps.  Worked on B-25's or B-19's, I can't remember which, the music was loud.  Grin ear to ear when we're dancing.

Then I ask a 24 year old if she wants to dance.  She says yes, fights me every inch of the way while I'm trying to lead, and then when I want to move across the floor (2 stepping) she says, "no, I don't want to go out there!" and she walks off the floor telling me to ask her friend to dance in the middle of the bleeping song.

Not terribly surprised, I return to my laptop, but then, you know me.  Me and my "cynical theories" about modern day women compared to their older WWII idealistic counterparts.  Certainly nothing there but spurious anecdotal evidence.

Regardless, I just had to know.

So I walk up to the 24 year old and I ask her what she does for a living.

Anybody want to guess?

Engineer?  Pilot?  Accountant?  Surgeon?  Military?

Nope!

"Elementary school teacher."

Heh heh.

Continue the attack men, continue that bleeping attack until they all start to act and behave like true women, just like Beatrice.  I'll take an 89 year old WWII vet over a overpaid baby sitter any day, because that is a REAL woman.  Not some naive ditz that couldn't handle algebra 2 and found commensurate taxpayer-paid employment.

Post post Lieutenants!  Beatrice let me get a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment