Sunday, May 20, 2012

More on that LC v. LF Study: Older study compares actual diets!

Yeah ... I'm off on a tangent again ;-)  In looking at that new LC v. LF study blogged on here and here, I was reminded of a few studies I've looked into previously that actually increase the protein in the diets.  That post is in the works, but in reviewing one study it hit me -- the macro percents were exactly what the recent Swedish study intended to compare!  

This study from Gannon & Nuttall fits the bill perfectly:  Effect of a High-Protein, Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Blood Glucose Control in People With Type 2 Diabetes.  I blogged on this long ago, here.

{Aside:  Gannon & Nuttall are the researchers behind the Dreamfields pasta study one of my detractors used to blast the company and its product (I agree with that, BTW). But that study has since been withdrawn so another one of my detractors would feel justified in calling them liars.  Sigh.}
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment