Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Can a Rationalization Hamster Be Killed?

Short version - meet 56 year old woman in my dance class.  She complains about not being able to find any quality guys her age in town, BUT I have a 54 year old buddy who would like to meet her, perfect age, perfect height (she is very tall, but he is even taller), and is quite good looking too.  I find some pictures of my buddy, e-mail them to her.  THen I get the,

"It's nothing against your friend, but I just got out of a relationship and blah blah blah blah."

I'm shocked, because here is a 56 year old woman - pretty late in the game.  Not like "top of the 6th no outs, first at bat," late in the game.  More like, "bottom of the 9th, 2 hours, full count, nobody on base, down by 12" kind of late in the game.

So I pitch one RIGHT OVER THE PLATE.  I serve up to her on a silver platter a very qualified candidate, and instead of her taking a swing at it, I get an excuse, the validity of which wouldn't pass 8th grade muster.  And so I sit there bewildered and befuddled.

Therefore:

Question - Can rationalization hamsters be killed?  Or do they just get stronger over time, inevitably becoming invincible and only die when their host does?

Discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment