Thursday, May 3, 2012

More Content Rip-Off

I suppose I should be flattered, but I really get angry at times when content from here is ripped off.  This latest case is especially maddening because one has to be an idiot -- yes I just called names -- and IDIOT, to think that they can cut and past entire blog posts of original content from a blog such as this, post them on their website with some commentary, ask readers for feedback ... yada yada ... and not think, nay KNOW, this is wrong.  Therefore I am posting this here prior to getting a response from the latest rip off artist in the form of one Barry Cripps of Paleo Diet News, to make an example of them.  

I posted the comment that follows on this post:  http://paleodietnews.com/5507/paleo-diet-is-there-a-negative-to-coconut-oil  ... and I will C&P back from there at the end of this post so please don't do these hacks the favor of following the link unless you feel compelled to weigh in on their behavior.
Hello Barry,
On occasion since my content was being ripped off by feed-reader sites, I Google phrases from my posts and see what turns up.  Recently your site turned up.  I check my Blogger stats and happened to look at "now" and saw ONE hit from here.   This is not surprising considering that when you C&P an entire post, what's the point of going to read it on the original website, right?  
If you found this “Paleo Diet: Is There A Negative To Coconut Oil?” article useful, please click the ‘LIKE’ button below to share on Facebook. We also invite you to leave comments, and join the Paleo Diet News discussion!  Ummm .... this article WAS NOT YOURS.
Surely you realize that even with attribution, copying and pasting entire blog posts for discussion, etc. on a website like this one is ILLEGAL.  Cease and desist.  It is not necessary for you to remove existing content, but I will be monitoring to make sure that no further content from my blog is lifted or I will take legal action.
Fair use allows for excerpts, and although guidelines on what constitutes an excerpt are sometimes fuzzy (e.g. what percent of content), it is crystal clear that 100% of content is not "fair use".
I do find it interesting that you lift content from my "ranting spouting and complaining" prior to my "deciding to bring something helpful" , yet cannot bring yourself to include my blog in the sites worth visiting in the right sidebar.  WOW.
I don't take stolen content lightly and this site is more than just a random feed rip-off.  You are trying to drum up traffic and business here using my content.  STOP IT.  This behavior is disgusting.   And I will blog about this and include this comment because it is unacceptable to me that any website would even consider this sort of behavior in the first place.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment