Friday, September 23, 2011

The Arrogance of Divorcees

I have, and will continue to contend until evidence proves me otherwise, that most people in America today who have children have children first and foremost for themselves, and somewhere after matching drapes, fancy SUV's and new shoes, comes the children themselves.

In other words, they never ask the question, "would I be able to provide a good environment for my child? Will I be a good parent for my child?"

No, the question is simply, "Do I want children?"

ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!

Now I have caught mucho guff for heralding the benefits of being single and having no children. I got a vasectomy a long time ago and and it was one of the best decisions I made. But what particularly irks me is when people then accuse me of hating children, because it is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

I have actually THOUGHT about having a child.
I have actually considered the RAMIFICATIONS of having a child.
I have actually asked the tough questions of "WOULD I BE A GOOD FATHER?"

While most of my child-ridden critics have not.

And the fact I decided I should NOT have children because I would be a bad or inadequate father means I (ironically) would actually probably BE a better father than those with baby rabies in that I actually thought about the kid first.

So you can imagine me seeing red when I saw this article.

What I can only surmise to be a spoiled American Princess (anybody want to look her up to confirm if I'm right?) who has never given any consideration to anybody but herself, actually writes an article that so completely misses the point, it should raise the ire of any responsible adult and parent. The title alone is so contradictory and exposes her for the failure of a mother she is;

"Maintaining happy, healthy children during a separation and divorce
"

Eh, hmmmm....let me see here. Could you maybe maintain "happy and healthy children" by...oh I don't know....

NOT PICKING A FREAKING MORON TO MARRY AND HAVE BLEEPING CHILDREN WITH IN THE FIRST PLACE???!!!!

But it gets better. A couple quotes from the article;

"Divorce is never easy the first time around, but learning from your mistakes can make the second divorce a lot less stressful when making decisions for you and your children"

Did she just say what i thought she did? Did I hear that right? She is preparing, EXPECTING a second divorce????? Forget he kids coming in around 4th or 5th place in her life. I think the kids are now ranking lower than the house plants.

Another gem;

"help our child have an emotionally safe, happy life as she will now have two families."

Yes, of course, that makes things simple! Two families!

Look, you morons out there, let me explain something to you. My old man has been married three times. You know what pissed me off as a child? Having to figure out how many gifts I had to buy progressively less and less important step-family members for Christmas. Do I send my mom and my new "Step-mom" a mother's day card? What about my step-dad? What about my new uncles I just married into? The budget of a 10 year old child is not limitless.

And of course, yes, TWO families makes it just that much more fun!

Another pearl.

"By communicating with your child frankly, but lovingly, you will be helping your child to accept the new changes in their life that are occurring. This will help them become more adaptable to any future changes in their life."

Oh you think there might be some 'changes' in their lives too? THanks Ma, you got divorced twice. YOu've now doubled the kids chances of drug use, alcoholism, oh...and what else...ummm....OH YEAH! DIVORCE! But apparently divorce is a-OK in this woman's book. Perhaps you can celebrate when your children get divorced and try to explain to them why it's not only a good thing, but why they should be preparing for the second divorce that is sure to come.

BUt this takes the case;

"Separation and divorce causes stress on all parties involved--parents and children alike. In this second divorce, I've learned that regardless of how difficult it is and who is to blame, my children come first."

You disgusting, lying hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment