Friday, September 23, 2011

Buying Motorcycles from Betas

Both motorcycles I have owned I have purchased, quite cheaply because of one simple thing;

The former owner's girl/wife told him to get rid of it.

Usually because a kid was on the way, but that is irrelevant.

The larger point is the woman told him to get rid of it. He obeyed.

Now if I had limitless funds I would conduct a study to see how successful marriages were where the guy willingly obeyed his wife and got rid of the motorcycle vs. those where the guy looked at her with one eyebrow raise and simply chuckled, patted her on the head, and continued on to removing the carbs and tightening the chain.

I predict the men (who are kind enough to be beta and give up their motorcycles on the cheap so the rest of us can enjoy them) are more likely to get divorced or have marital strife. The men who simply told the little lady, "Ah, no, I will be keeping the bike and by the way, put on your leather jacket, high heels and helmet, we're going for a ride" would be less likely to get divorced and suffer marital strife. The theory being of course that women like strong, independent men, no matter what they say and no matter how much they test them.

Regardless, I do genuinely want to thank those men out there who give up their bikes so willingly. If it weren't for you, us bachelors and alphas would have to pay (I estimate in my little economist head) at least 40% more for motorcycles.

ht to The Private Man for the post that prompted this thought in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment