Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cysts and Hypothyroid ~ Any Info?

Hi all.  I'm hitting a brick wall trying to find any info on this and am wondering if anyone with hypothyroid has ever heard of this and/or might steer me in the right direction.  Searching on cysts and hypothyroid I keep getting info on cysts on the thyroid which is not my concern.

My mom injured her knee several months ago, and initial x-rays & MRI revealed, amongst torn this or that, a Bakers' cyst.  A few weeks ago she slipped and jammed her wrist breaking her fall.  No break, thankfully, but her doctor asked her if she had any thyroid issues that she was aware of.  I asked him why he would ask and he said it was because she had several small cysts in her wrist.  Apparently (ortho surgeon) he said this is common in people with hypothyroid.  

Is it?  Anyone know why?  Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment