Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jimmy Moore: Unwavering Dishonesty, The Early Years

Apparently some people belonging to a private paleo FB group aren't receiving Jimmy's recent message of divisiveness too kindly.   One of the reasons I blogged on his latest attempt at dividing the paleo community is because most people -- paleo or low carbers -- who are new to the community, have no clue who this Jimmy Moore guy is and what he stands for.  I would still be hugely surprised to learn that most of the paleo peeps weren't caught off guard when they met Jimmy at AHS11, PaleoFX or any of the other events in the past couple of years.   Just listening to his original podcast or reading the odd blog post (that I'm convinced few if any ever do), it would be easy to see how one might have no clue what really makes this huge influence in the community tick.  And it is exactly his continued influence over the dialog that will keep him on my radar here, especially since he has been so contradictory and disingenuous over the years.  So on IPMG, Jimmy responded to some criticism with two questionable statements:
Anybody who reads my blog regularly knows I am dead honest in all of the things I share there. That's something my readers expect and I give it to them straight.
and 
I've remained quite consistent in my position since the very beginning of my blog in 2005: find what works for you, follow it exactly as prescribed and then keep doing it for the rest of your life. I've never wavered from this message one iota.
These sorts of statements are nothing new for Jimmy, I could have sourced similar from any number of blogs and comments and podcasts over the years ... but these two particular versions are important for their certitude and lack of any wiggle room left for clarity.  Adding in the frequency with which he has repeated such sentiments over the years, and his insistence on continuing to repeat them is rather damning to Jimmy's credibility as any sort of "leader", as well as his personal and professional integrity.   
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment