Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ionic Air Purifiers - Plasmacluster Technology

In comments on my recent post on Negative Ion Therapy, George asked what I thought about the "Forest AC" Air Conditioning System his Nissan vehicle is equipped with.   I started composing comments a few times and ended up losing them b/c I closed the browser window and got a bit distracted by a wound-licking omega animale yesterday ;-)   So I decided to make a blog post where I can imbed pictures, etc., since I was reconstructing the response anyway.  

I'm only going to address this part of the system:
The Forest AC's new-generation plasmacluster ion system generates and supplies plasmacluster ions (through ventilation system) at higher densities than previous systems. These ions maintain cabin air quality, not only improve reduction of airborne microbes, also minimize adhere [sic] odors on the interior trim surfaces (odor substances are destroyed by OH radicals produced from the ions).
This Plasmacluster Technology was developed by Sharp, and is available in home "ionic air purifiers" (that are quite pricey).  Here is the graphic for what they claim happens

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment