Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Have a Stupid Question

And this would apply equally to men as it does women if they decided to stay home and have children:

Um....if you KNOW you're going to stop working when you turn 30, why go to college or start a career in the first place?  I mean, if I do the math right, you go to college until you're 23 to get your undergrad (yes, I'm adding an extra year because that's reality).  And since the only thing better than education is MORE education (especially the liberal arts), you're in school till you're 25.

So you went to college for 7 years to work, what, 5?  Heck, even if you worked till you were 35, that's nearly spending as many years in presumed training as it is working.

Then poof, you're done?

Why did you spend your time and money on that?  Heck, why did the taxpayers subsidize you? 

Sorry, sorry, I know, people's little dream worlds and fantasies are more important than my mean, evil economist questions of efficiency and productivity.  I'm sorry, horses and pretty ponies for every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment