Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Buy Silver Dollars, Not Booze

The Captain, as you know, likes to drink and is of course partial to the true nectar of the gods - Rumpleminze.  And, if you are like me, you probably go to the local bar and buy two drinks per day.  That, depending on tip and where you go, can easily add up to around $12-$14.

However, it dawned on me while running today that I really haven't acquired a significant "physical commodity portfolio."  I put a couple calls into several coin dealers in town and the going price for a silver dollar is around $27.

Of course, I'm not one for discipline, but neither am I one for all out hedonism either.  And every once in a while I like to put myself through a period of discipline to make sure I still have self control. 

So I decree the next 30 days "Buy Silver Dollars, Not Booze" month were, essentially every other day you are allowed to go buy a silver dollar if you didn't buy booze at the bar the two days previous.  In theory you will have acquired 15 silver pieces which (when the federal government fully monetizes the debt) will allow you to pay off your mortgage with one silver dollar.

Enjoy the decline!

No comments:

Post a Comment