Friday, August 31, 2012

Health Insurance Idiocy

So I'm qualified for COBRA health insurance.  I get the letter in the mail and for the low low price of $500/month I can have health insurance.  This special rate is available to me for the next 2 years.

I have a question.

Since my catastrophic plan was only $120/month before I was employed, why on god's green Earth would I go with COBRA?

Seriously, I think if people just refused jacked up health insurance "offered" by their employers and said, "you know, just give me the cash instead," and then shopped around for catastrophic plans your little health insurance problem would go away.

But no, oh no.  Nothing's "too good" for our little children.  We need to flood the market with trillions of dollars to price everybody else out.

No comments:

Post a Comment