Saturday, August 25, 2012

Boo Freaking Hoo, Eh?

From our Canadian Agent in the Field:

"Please share my pain and read and share this appalling article.
http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/it-happened-me-i-am-31-and-still-school
She contributes nothing. She creates nothing. And despite decades in school, she can't even craft a sentence above a fifth-grade level.
Notice the "action figures" on the shelf behind her head in the photo. A 31-year-old woman! And why doesn't she work? She says, in a barely-literate reply to a reader comment:

I have left school twice  and only managed to get those jobs mentioned above. I have not been graced with good "business connections" merely hard work and  decent grades. This doesn't always lead to lucrative careers. Furthermore, simply having a BA coupled with being a woman (in a still uneven employment market) doesn't bode well  for jumping into a career after an undergraduate degree. I'd say it's starting to become the norm for people to do graduate degrees. I would love it if employers could see the value in the Humanities but sadly, this is not always the case.

"Coupled with being a woman"! I am crying with laughter. She lives in Ontario, because she mentions OSAP."

No comments:

Post a Comment