Thursday, July 5, 2012

What Diet is Best?

With apologies in advance for the length of this ...

I've mentioned before that I'm glad I didn't look to the internet for help/support back in 2007 when I decided to give this weight loss thing one more try.  I knew LC had worked in the past, so that's what I did.  I also knew that I'd have to stick to it for the long haul and planned cheats were what worked for me and it was a good long ride ... but like so many I hit that plateau.  Since I was eating VLC most days already, other than cutting down on the days off, there wasn't much else to do.   As I've mentioned many times, I was a rather prolific participant on Jimmy Moore's discussion board looking for ideas what to do next.   That's where I learned about intermittent fasting, and did knock my plateau weight down around 10 lbs.  I quickly learned, however, that the answers to my questions would not be found on that or any other low carb discussion board.   To this day I only know one other person in real life who follows a low carb lifestyle (and she doesn't even live nearby).  The one low carb product I occasionally eat are the wraps.  All my local groceries carry them, there must be others out there buying them, but I've never bumped into one reaching for a pack on the shelf.  Ditto the shiritaki noodles, and those are eaten by some calorie counters too.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment