Friday, July 20, 2012

Diabetes Treatment & Stuffs

I think if I were someone without my background and diagnosed with diabetes, I'd probably go crazy.  Really!  I try to imagine what it would be like to get some direction from my doctor who likely hooks me up with a diabetes educator.  I'd probably go looking for additional information on the internet, and no doubt find all of the conflicting information from all sides including the low carbohydrate community -- many of whom are medical doctors.  There is so much misinformation out there -- from both sides -- but the LC advocates are more dangerous, IMO, because they are not vetted and weeded at least of the worst charlatans.  I think most people who are diagnosed with diabetes just want effective treatment.  Unfortunately, for too many, current protocols only manage the disease and postpone physiological decline, and diabetes is all rather complicated making being your own patient-advocate all the more difficult.  

Perhaps it is some sort of grand conspiracy between the medical establishment, the agriculture department and drug companies to make us all fat, sick and diabetic ... and keep us that way.  I don't believe that.  I went to school with, and know, way too many doctors to believe that the majority of them are just non-caring pill pushers to the end of padding their wallets.  There are clearly financial interests competing and corroborating, but coordinated?  Some call me paranoid.  ;-)
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment