Sunday, July 15, 2012

Name that low carber

I just have to say that I’ve been living a low-carb lifestyle for [5-15 years]*.  I don’t feel deprived at all and could care less what “society” suggests I should eat.   I’m happier and healthier than most of the people around me.   Low-carb is sustainable if you want it to be and care about your health above all else.   We can eat berries and melons without breaking the “diet”, among many other low glycemic foods Dr. X* didn’t mention because it would make low-carb living look even better, so the argument that we are depriving ourselves of essential nutrients is pointless. As far as antioxidants go,  refined carbohydrates cause oxidization. Without those in our system, antioxidants aren’t quite so “essential” anymore.
* details "blurred" to make it fair, but it doesn't show up on my search engine anyway.

Which low carber said the above?

No comments:

Post a Comment