Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Fat Studies"

Honest to god, I'm not making it up.

Here

and

here.

I am truly at a loss for words because I can't understand the logic or the psychology that drives this insanity.  I mean, I understand these people are self-absorbed children that want to ignore the real world.  I understand they're leftists who abuse academia to create faux studies out of whole cloth so they can essentially steal money from naive students and taxpayers.  And I also know they're ego-maniacs as evidenced merely collecting a government check isn't enough for them - they need some kind of make-believe "profession" to feed their self-esteem.  I get all that (and I'm not even a psychologist).

What I'm trying to figure out is how they can lie to themselves and take themselves seriously, let alone expect the rest of the world to.  Is the real world so threatening to them that they delude themselves into such insanity?  Are they so afraid of real work, commitment, discipline, rigor and (frankly) math that they come up with something as ludicrous as "fat studies?"  How afraid of reality does one have to be to create a "Fat Studies" class (and good god, I fear) a "Fat Studies Program?"

All I can ask is that when I'm long gone and some archeologist happens upon my blog that they read this and say,

Archeologist - "Hey, look, right here.  I found the answer to why the American Empire Collapsed."

Assistant - "Whatcha find?"

Archeologist - "Well, they cut the number of men that could attend STEM degrees according to something called "Title XIII" and replaced it with "Fat Studies."

Assistant - "Wow.  What did they think was going to happen?"

Archeologist - "I have no idea, but this Aaron Clarey fellow sure was one smart, handsome, charming, clever and refined fellow."

hat tip

No comments:

Post a Comment