Friday, July 20, 2012

Diabetes "Crash" Cures: VLCal vs. VLCarb

In light of my post earlier today regarding treating diabetes, I thought I'd bump this post from around a year ago that compared the impact of acute caloric deficit to acute carbohydrate restriction.  If the results don't give one pause regarding low carb always being the best and forevermore necessary diet for diabetics, it's probably hopeless ... but I'll keep trying :-)




Original Publication Date:  7/4/2011

As I was looking at the results from the VLCal diet that "cured" diabetes, I was reminded of the discussion of "curing" vs. remission of diabetes over at Dr. Davis' Heart Scan blog.   At the time I couldn't recall the thread in which it had occurred but just now stumbled across it.   The post was entitled The Westman Diet.   Westman being Dr. Eric Westman of Duke University whom most of my readers are probably rather familiar with.

In that post Davis cites the following study:

    mnjjjjjjjjjjjjjj  <- low carb house carnivore input 

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment