Saturday, October 22, 2011

High Protein Diet Induces Sustained Reduction in Ad Libitum Intake Despite Diurnal Leptin Compensation

I've written several hundred posts on this blog.  There are some, especially from early on in 2010, that I would really like my readers to see, and I sure don't expect folks who are just finding this blog now to go back and read everything to find some that I feel are key.  I refer to this study quite often because I think for those finding themselves gaining a little bit each year and not wanting to hop on some "diet rollercoaster", there is merit to -- especially for us women -- upping the protein as a percentage in the diet.  So when I was compiling graphics for the 24 Hour Leptin Profiles post, this study was the first I knew to go to for a graphic.  So, I'm bumping the original, adding a little emphasis to the text but not changing it, and I'll add some commentary on leptin at the end.  



Original Publish Date:  4/30/10


Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment