Monday, October 3, 2011

And I'm the one that's Paranoid? (Yeah ... Dr. Wheat Belly Again!)

I just had to laugh at Fat Head's recent post The Long Knives are out for Wheat Belly where he seems convinced that folks criticizing Wheat Belly are trolling the internet at the behest of the grain industry.  I mean why would anyone criticize the nonsense on the basis of its bad science?   They've got to silence Davis!   Maybe I'm missing out on this guy's notorious humor and this post is tongue in cheek, but ... Ha ha ha.    

Of course we then get the "well they haven't read the book" whine in the comments.  Folks, enough of this book is available for preview on Google to get the gist of what is in it.   It's a compilation alarmism and hyperbole laced blog posts from this past year, fleshed out with a few references.   As I demonstrated in Wheat Belly on Acid, this section of his book was simply a tirade against oats turned against wheat.  I love eggs.  I would advocate for eating them were I in the nutritional advice business.  But by Davis' logic, eggs are more harmful to your bones than wheat.  Were I to employ his logic I might accuse him of advocating eating bowls of steaming furniture finish for breakfast.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment