Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wonder what he said.

This from Dr. Jack Kruse, flavor of the month in LLVLC land, after the Ancestral Health Symposium.
Speaking of “Dominant causes of obesity”………..The buzz from day one was from Gary Taubes ripping Stephen Guyenet on his food reward series. Personally, many of you know I completely disagree with Dr. Guyenet on this topic, but I think he is a great blogger with a great mind. Maybe Gary’s tact could have been better allocated; but he said what had to be said, in my view. I would also remind many that even within a family it is normal to have disagreements from time to time. I personally think this a good thing that with in a group of like minded folks we can disagree at times. I complained loudly to Jimmy Moore on his FB wall and forum about Gary Taubes being “soft” with Dr. Oz earlier this year. So I can not fault him one bit when he decided to sink his canines in to Dr Guyenet at the AHS. I personally wanted to see Gary bare some teeth after the Dr. Oz debacle and this weekend showing tells me he can evolve. That to me was a positive in a bad situation. It does not in one bit negate the major contributions of Dr. Guyenet at all in my view. I just think he had a bad day with his food reward series. We all have bad days at times. No harm no foul.

Quite frankly, the sponsors of AHS have no business having folks like Taubes and Naughton, to name two, speak at such an event!   Seriously?   What is their expertise on this whatsoever?   

If anyone wants to clue me in on what Taubes said, I'm all ears.  Stephan and I may not agree on everything and that is fine.  His writings challenge me and I don't feel the need to look past everything he says for some body of evidence he's deliberately ignoring to drive an agenda.  I would love to know what the teeth-sinking was all about, although my money is on the comment on his blog stating that no serious researcher takes GT's carbs drive insulin drives fat accumulation theories seriously.  Where are the actual researchers willing to endorse that theory Gary?  Nah.   Funny how Taubes is NADless in the face of someone like Dr. Oz but grows a pair to slam someone far his intellectual superior to a sympathetic audience. 

And this Jack (quac)Kruse wants to write off Stephan's Food Reward series as "a bad day"????  Again.  It may or may not be a workable hypothesis depending on one's interpretations, etc.  But I think anyone who would write something like that off in this manner is not worthy of being taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment