Sunday, August 7, 2011

Atkins diet can kill you

I've never understood the nonchalant attitude many in the low carb community take towards some pretty serious side effects that you can experience with the diet.  It's not that this happens to everyone, or even most, but it does seem to occur more with LC diets than any other.  I, for one, never experienced my own symptoms of, likely hypoglycemia, ever before.  

So I was in the mood to torture myself further while on permahold the other day and listen to Gary Taubes' Walnut Creek Library lecture from April of this past year in it's entirety.  He was a bit more animated than usual so that helped, and I did make it through.

When they got to the Q&A my ears perked when he got to around the 2:30 minute mark here.  
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment