Monday, August 22, 2011

Intracellular Fatty Acid Metabolism ~ Background Discussion

Before some of the recent commotion around here, a blog post entitled Let's Play Concentration caught the eye of Paul Jaminet over at Perfect Health.  His commentary then inspired me to write Glucose and NEFA: From Dysfunctional Metabolism to Toxicity.  

In the comments section Paul and I got into a discussion about free fatty acid (NEFA) clearance from circulation.  It seems that this is a subject of a lot of uncertainty.  Indeed when I first started looking into this stuff, way back when, I kept coming across statements like that insulin was required for fatty acids to be taken up by fat cells (three guesses where that traced to and the first two don't count ...).  My inner geek was prompted to look back into this.   This topic is of interest to me as my regular readers are well aware of my near-obsession with NEFA.  {grin}
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment