Monday, August 29, 2011

Fat Metabolism in Formerly Obese Women: Part I Resting Metabolic Rate

Wow!  Many recent events and blog posts about the web have hit a lot of my deja vu "memory nerves".  This has had me going to the draft bin looking for what it is I'm reminded of.  This one was sparked by being linked to a series discussing hunger and satiety over at gnolls.org.  I'm going to link you to Part IV as that is where the paper I'm discussing in this post/series is cited, but J. Stanton  has links to other installments.  

So, most of this current post has been in my hopper since February!  But this article/study has actually been "on my plate" longer still, as the PDF was downloaded to my HD back in June 2010 after reading James Krieger's  piece on the ease of regain.   I'm going to break this up into three parts:  
  • Part I dealing just with resting energy expenditure and its contribution to our overall "metabolic rates".  

  • Part II will deal with the resting metabolism in terms of contributions of fat and carbohydrate

  • Part III will address expenditure and substrate usage during and after exercise.  




Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment