Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Captain is Moving

Your beloved Captain got a job in a no-income-tax state. More on that later.

But the funny thing about moving is all the old stuff you rediscovered when deciding what to take with you and what to through away. Namely, you unpack the boxes you boxed up the past 3, 4, 7 times you've moved and never unpacked them to see what you have.

I have old notebooks from college, old tax returns, but one precious item I found (and summarily thought I had lost) was a signed copy of the book "St. Mudd."

The book wasn't signed by Steve Thayer, the author, but rather "Jackie Rocket" the premiere dominatrix in the Twin Cities at the time. She got it as a gift for me over a decade ago.

"Captain, you are a different type of gangster and saint." it read.

Of course at the time I was dating her I literally didn't know she was the premiere dominatrix in the Twin Cities at the time, but that is a different story as well.

Regardless I strongly recommend the book St. Mudd. It is one of the few books I've read and it is even one of the fewer books I liked.

Besides, what else are you going to do but enjoy the decline?

No comments:

Post a Comment