Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Lord Will Not Provide

It's not like watching a train wreck. It's like watching somebody floor it into a brick wall. But it does provide for some entertainment.

I turned 29 a couple of months ago. When I was younger, I figured I'd be married right out of college. Although that didn't happen, I still figured I had time — my 20s were ahead of me, after all. But lately I've been contemplating what life would really look like if I don't get married. What will I do? Where will I live? How will I serve? If this stage of life isn't temporary, what comes next?

I am the type of person who usually goes out and gets what she wants. I wanted to go to a good college, so I worked hard in high school. I wanted to be a writer, so I studied journalism and did internships with magazines. I want to write a book someday, so I write daily and I'm going to grad school to get credentials that will put some authority behind my name. For the most part, I feel in control of things. But being a wife, being a mom seem so far out of my control. I wait on God, hoping He's listening to the true desires of my heart, and grappling with what it means if He hears those desires but has a different path for me.

On an interesting side note fellow students, does anybody want to pick apart the above on what Principles of Cappy Cap she violated, thus guaranteeing her failure in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment