Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Glass of Extra Virgin Unspiked Lepitinade Please!

Why do some of these things land in my lap when life gets so busy?  Over on Mercola's site, I've been tangling up a bit with Ron "Spiked Leptinade with my Science Krispies" Rosedale.   Now I don't expect Rosedale to start following my blog or anything, but I did post links to certain posts over there to support my contention that carbs do NOT spike leptin.  By any definition, they do not.  Instead of recognizing this and backing off (and hoping nobody notices, a la Taubes), Rosedale has doubled down on his assertion that carbs spike leptin.  In support of his contention, the science he offers up is ... drumroll please ... a more than decade old study on isolated cultured rat adipocytes.  This wouldn't drip so with irony were it not for the fact that Rosedale shoves his massive clinical experience with live humans in yo' face every chance he gets.  You see, I don't possess his vast clinical experience so I must be in error interpreting the whole blood v. plasma blood glucose level data in a 45+ year old study (more on that to come!!)  Yet, when presented with a sampling of human data from clinical studies ... then Rosedale turns a blind eye.  It gets worse.  I called him on relying on this study to advance his point.  His response?  More of the same about how I don't know the science.  Here's what he said:
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment