Sunday, November 6, 2011

An Important Predication for the Manosphere

I've been meaning to write about this for a while, but this will simply be a short appetizer as to what I'll write about at length later on.

As you know your Captain has moved out to the hinterlands of South Dakota.

There is not much night life out here and you ultimately have two choices;

Make the best of it

or

Drink

I've combined both options into "make the best of it and drink" which I think is a very Cappy Cap Compromise.

That aside, "make the best of it" means finding some kind of hobby or activity that is productive so you don't just go to the local bar and start pounding down booze. So, in addition to fossil hunting (which the weather is becoming less and less conducive to doing now) I've joined a gym and started taking jujitsu.

My bench press is up 15 pounds over the last two months and I've learned to throw a guy to the mat nearly twice my size (though he can still thoroughly kick my ass).

However, tonight something happened at the gym that reminded me of a very important lesson I think we all need to acknowledge and agree upon in the manosphere. And that lesson is that EVERYTHING we purport, support, advocate and champion is predicated in one simple thing:

That we are honorable, honest, well-behaved men.

ie- we are the "good guys."

If we're not, then the whole "Manosphere movement" (which I hate to call it that) is simply hypocritical because we claim to take the moral high ground, but don't abide by it ourselves.

I'm not talking "promise keeper pansies" here.

What I'm talking about is this idiot that I just ran into at the gym.

So I work out.

I get sweaty and dirty.

I go the MEN'S locker room.

I disrobe, take a shower, hop in the jacuzzi.

I get out of the jacuzzi, naked as the day I was born, my towel in the other room hung up on a hook.

A guy walks out of the sauna and guess who he has with him?!

HIS 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!!

I don't have my towel. Neither do three other equally-buck-naked guys in the shower area.

I (foolishly) assumed there would only be men in the locker room.

And this poor 3 year old girl sees all of us right there.

WTF!

Are you purposely trying to scar your daughter for life?????

Are you such a spoiled brat that you can't get a baby sitter or perhaps leave the child with the THREE WOMEN IN THE RECEPTION AREA WHILE YOU GO BATHE????

It's the EXACT SAME EQUIVALENT of the entitlement mentality of women demanding to breast feed in public or those moms who leave their child out in the car as they get drunk at a bar. SCREW SOCIETY, I am more important than society, matter of fact, my work out or drinking schedule is more important than my 3 year old daughter.

As I said, I will go into this point in more detail, but men. Honestly, and truthfully, we cannot behave like those we criticize. And I know and accept that there are going to be DB men, genuine "assholes" who treat women poorly, but the whole, entire concept of the equality of men and whatever undefined purpose the manosphere has manifested itself to achieve HAS TO BE PREDICATED ON OUR BEHAVIOR BEING HONEST AND ACCEPTABLE AND FAIR TO OTHERS.

Not only that, but if you see such idiocy, you berate men and get them in line...that is of course assuming you are not buck naked and there is a 3 year old girl there.

More to come, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment