Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm on Twitter ... Sort of

Hi Gang!

Some have already noticed the new "What I'm Reading & Tweeting" widget over on the right hand side bar.  I got the idea to do this from Chris over at Conditioning Research.   He used to have a scrolling "What I'm Reading" box on his blog, that apparently was a widget from Blogger/Google that let him share selections from his reader.  Apparently that feature is no longer available through Google ... bummer as I was looking for something a little different than a blogroll and such.  So he told his readers that for now to follow on Twitter.  I have noticed many blogs with Recent Tweets widgets.  Lightbulb ... head ...

So, I decided to get on Twitter and put that widget here.  My intent at this point is to share with my blog readers those things around the web that I'm reading and find interesting and worth sharing.  I would like to keep the outgoing tweets "clean" in this regard.  A one-way street if you will.  Not to be antisocial, but I prefer to keep conversations to comments & the discussion board here and email ... I think I'd go nuts trying to do that with Twitter too.  (I already get backlogged with emails and the disco board).  So for now please don't expect replies on Twitter.  If I ever get into that action, I'll probably set up separate accounts for the Asylum and personal communication.  Hope you all understand.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment