Saturday, May 3, 2008

You "Think" They Might Make a Comeback?

I think buffalo or the more correct term "bison" are quite majestic creatures. I run into them quite often when hiking or fossil hunting in the Dakotas and Nebraska.

But I get a kick out of this "there's a chance they might make a comeback."

A "chance????"

Look, people, all you have to do is go hiking in Badlands National Park in spring and you will be hard pressed not to step in buffalo poo. I covered over 24 miles in one day and it was a continuous task not to step in something. I am left to conclude one of two things;

1. Either a few buffalo poo a HELL of a lot or;
2. There's a lot more buffalo than you think.

I do genuinely hope that the buffalo do return to their previous numbers. But if the do then another problem will be solved;

We won't have a fertilizer shortage anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment