Thursday, May 15, 2008

Industrial Production

The old school media wonders why their getting trounced. Press release about industrial production dropping .7%.

Do they provide a chart? No, of course not. That would require some form of programming and would make for less room advertisements.

So here it is, industrial production.


What also stood out about this chart is something I've been contending for years, but I've literally had people tell me I'm wrong and not to believe my eyes, but that the economy is becoming less and less volatile. The reason I point this out is that I think volatility (or the lack thereof) is a measure or sign as to just how much more we're learning about and implementing economics. As we mature we fine tune the economy, adjust inventory levels more quickly, implement fiscal/monetary policy more quickly, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment