Monday, December 3, 2012

Google Giggles

I'm laughing because I've been in a nostalgic mood "in real life" all day today.  You see, a fast food restaurant, local and national icon, was closed when I drove past it today.   I've known for some time changes were to come, but this finality was a sudden twist.  The innards were up for auction, a food truck in the parking lot bearing franchise name still selling but nobody seemed to be buying ... 

I had my first date there at 14 or 15, unbeknownst to my parents, a double date set up by my equally "uncool" friend CJ who met "cool" guys at Jewish religious retreats.  I remember parts of it like it was yesterday.  The outfit I wore ... my hair painstakingly symmetrical in the Dorothy Hamill do.  I even recall the makeup I wore purchased from my school chum since grammar school Marjory, who had become an Avon "lady".  No ... I so do NOT pine for those days, but I imagine I feel a little like the Jersey Shore folks who saw their iconic boardwalks and amusement parks washed out to sea recently by Sandy, even if they didn't suffer real personal property losses.   A little part of me "died" today, even if just memories.

So why am I giggling?  Well, as regulars know, I occasionally post the Google searches that land people on my blog that tickle my funny bone.  This one just made me truly LOL.

how to change la vida 50 oil filter

Huh?  That's not so funny.  Well it is to me.  Because it's a rather ridiculous search to land anyone at a blog of this nature, but also for the nostalgia it evoked.  Any other day and it would have been ignored, I suppose.   See, I used to change my own oil ... up until around the turn of the century when it just became absurd to do so when it was cheaper to take the car to a Jiffy Lube or such.  Even after I married a more-than-capable man, I insisted on changing the oil for a few years!  

Is there such a thing as a "la vida 50" oil filter?  Who knows.  I don't really care.  I just got a giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment