Saturday, December 15, 2012

A MiG 15 to Freedom

So I'm watching The Military Channel on youtube, specifically the history of MiG's.  I learn about this Soviet pilot who defected to the US by piloting his MiG 25 to Japan.  In the Wiki entry I read about this other guy, No Kum-Sok aka Kenneth Rowe.  The guy flies his MiG 15 from North Korea to an air force base in South Korea during the Korean War.  I'm just wondering how gutsy was that defecting from North Korea, and flying an enemy plane to an enemy air force base hoping they let you land instead of shoot you down.  Thankfully he has written a book about it.  "A MiG 15 to Freedom."  I just have one question:

Why the hell hasn't a movie been made about this guy?

Post Post - Kenneth Rowe talking about his landing:

No comments:

Post a Comment