Sunday, March 4, 2012

Live Blogging from the Paleo Summit XII: Day 8: Moore, Greunke, Dwyer

Link:  Jimmy Moore
Title:  How to Break Out of the Grips of Morbid Obesity

Ratings:

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼   Content
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼  Overall

Mini-Review:

Skip this unless you have a thing for torturing yourself.  I think this is the shortest of the interviews (under 20 minutes) and we learn once again that chronic cardio is bad, weight lifting is good.   Oh ... and Jimmy is 40.  


Link:  Stephanie Greunke
Title:  Ditch the “D” Word!

Ratings:

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼   Content
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼  Overall


Mini-Review:

I don't get the point of this  20 minutes other than to say that we shouldn't call it a paleo "diet".  I'm all for ditching that D word, but that's nothing new.  This is another one of Robb Wolf's "Dream Team" of paleo registered dietitians.  This is more an informercial I guess than anything else ;-)  

I listened to her fellow "Dreqm Team" dietitian's presentation as well ... Amy Kubal ... When I get a chance I'm going to do a review on all the exercise-related presentations.  


Link:  Dean Dwyer
Title:  The Inner Game of Paleo

Ratings:

☼ ☼     Entertainment Value
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼  Content
☼ ☼     Informational Accuracy
☼ ☼   ☼  Overall

Mini-Review:

Perhaps I'm all paleo-ed out by this point.  I managed to listen to all but one of the presentations (my mobile wi-fi chopped out on me for the "Earthing" dude which is a shame cuz it sounds like I would have had some fun with that one!  -- maybe one of my readers ...... ).  So the three stars is because I'm just not a big one for motivational speaker types, especially those with annoying voices as I found Dwyer's to be.  I do think this is worth a listen as this guy is the only one who takes on the 295 pound elephant in the room regarding weight loss and changing one's habits for the better, etc.   Being overweight/obese for many people is not about the diet per se, it's about all the other reasons we eat.  

I'm also a bit over the whole vegetarians are all unhealthy Twinkiephiles with lots of body fat.  He's another ex-vegetarian, and I suppose like ex-smokers, there's nothing worse in dietary circles sometimes than an ex-vegetarian.  Dwyer seems to be a TWICHOOB who believes his body has a very low carb threshold.  More power to that dying breed of paleos ;-)  

If you're going to spend a half hour at the Summit today, this one is the best use of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment