Friday, March 2, 2012

Here I thought LC was supposed to make you feel younger?!

I have to pipe up and vent a little here folks.  Because as I approach 50, I realize that I'm far from an old person ... and I'm getting increasingly annoyed by those in their late 30's/early 40's talking as if they've already got one foot in the grave.  One in particular, who just turned 40 and has brought that fact up repeatedly on his blog, podcasts, interviews, etc. etc.  Yep, I'm talking about one Jimmy Moore.  Really, you'd think the man was 80 the way he talks sometimes about his hopelessly damaged metabolism and such.   But what do you think when you read defeatist comments from a 40 year old?  I hear excuses, mostly.  Barring some major complicating circumstances, so should you.  It's funny, Jimmy is lamenting how the paleo crowd tend to be young and fit so they just can't relate.  Actually, I remember being young and fit, and if anything, back in my 20's, I would have bought into the excuses because back then 40 sounded SOOOOOO old (heck, 30 sounded pretty ancient) and I didn't know too many very active people of that age.  Certainly it seems (and it could be perception but I think it's mostly true) that more people are aging more gracefully, remaining active and youthful looking longer, etc.  You used to hear how 40 is the new 30 ... well now 50 is the new 30 and such.  Most of our friends and cousins are already 50 and they're not running around complaining about their broken metabolisms and such.  
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment