Saturday, March 3, 2012

Live Blogging from the Paleo Summit XI: Dr. Cate Shanahan

Link:  "Dr. Cate" Shanahan
Title:  The Paleo Diet vs. Top-Selling Drugs: Who Wins?

Ratings:

☼ ☼ ☼    Entertainment Value
☼ ☼ ☼    Content
☼ ☼     Informational Accuracy
☼ ☼     Overall

Summary:


Basically, just eat a low carb paleo diet folks and you won't get osteoporosis, schizophrenia and need cholesterol lowering drugs.  While Dr. Cate spends quite a bit of time discussing how diet can cure/prevent diseases, she goes into scant little detail as to what exactly she means by such a diet.  Shanahan's science is very poor.  If I were a parent I think I'd go nuts just worrying over my kid turning into a schizophrenic any day now after listening to Shanahan.  Just go paleo folks and skip all your meds.  Look, I'm on board with America being a WAY overmedicated society where doctors don't tend to pay enough attention to the role of diet and nutrition in our health.  But after listening to Cate for almost an hour, I'm seriously considering a trip to the walk-in this morning for some pills ... any pills!
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment