Friday, March 2, 2012

Live Blogging from the Paleo Summit X: Day 6 - Chek, Hartwigs, Siebecker

Link:  Paul Chek
Title:  Paleo - Instinct Before Intellect

Ratings:

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼   Entertainment Value
☼ ☼   Content
☼ ☼   Informational Accuracy
☼ ☼ ☼    Overall

Mini-Review:

OK, so I awoke early today and so decided to get a jump on today's offerings while still dozing a bit.  Very early on Paul goes off into my idea of woo woo with the whole talking to trees thing or how junk DNA is the stuff of our instincts and all that.  He kind of lost me there and never got me back.  Which is unfortunate because he had some excellent points to make about behavior that is taught and/or part of a civilized construct vs. what we instinctively do.  He compounds this by discussing education as designed to babysit kids and squelch creativity.  While some parts of his history may be true, I'm not sure where slave children's 
education on the plantations so that their slave parents could be most productive factors in.  While I'm not a huge student of history, and I realize Roots isn't a completely accurate accounting, I must have missed that part where the slave children were indoctrinated in schools to keep them out of the way.  
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment