Friday, February 3, 2012

That's What You Get for Doing Business With Liberals

I had a duplex one time in Minneapolis. For the most part it was a bachelor pad. My tenants were primarily recently divorced men who were just looking for a cheap, but clean place to crash. Of course, one of the traitorous bastards after 7 years of NEVER LATE PAYMENTS AND EXCELLENT TENANTSHIP betrayed me and the other bachelor and "fell in love" and "moved in with his girlfriend." And so I had to find new tenants.

The tenants I found were great on paper, but had one major flaw:

The couple were 20 something liberals.

Worse still, they were the extreme vegan, eco-friendly, chemicals-are-bad, type nutjobs.

They had the upstairs unit so there was no mold, but when they found out there was mold in the basement, they raised hell. There was a token amount of mold that every basement had, but I've learned it's better not to piss off tenants that pay and go and deal with their minor problems.

So I got some "Killz" which is a chemically treated oil based paint that kills mold. Painted up the basement real good, got rid of the mold. And all was well.

Until!!!!

Mr. Effeminate Goatee Wearing Spoiled Brat Preppy Suburbanite Male Whose Ass I Could Crush Because He Was Even Skinnier Than Me comes up to me in the Honey Badger voice and practically yells at me because of the chemically smell. I tried explaining that it was to get rid of the mold they were so complaining about. But it didn't matter. I was supposed to warn them. I was supposed to use environmentally friendly means to kill the mold. What if they got asthma. When in reality he should have been more worried about me losing my temper and busting his teeth (these were the dark days when the Captain had a very short fuse).

In the end, I learned that if I was going to rent to people the biggest tenant-risk isn't the section 8 welfare recipient or the frat boy partiers. It's the spoiled brat, entitlement minded liberal children who never worked for a living.

Fast forward 8 years now and lookie what's happening.

I can't wait till the unholy alliance between big corporations and the environmentalist movement they so wished to court starts to unravel. Then again, you big time corporations swallowed that CSR BS hook, line and sinker and so I once again

break out the lawn chair

pour myself a drink

light up a cigar

and enjoy the decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment