Thursday, December 9, 2010

Case of Disappearing Comments Solved

I've occasionally received emails from folks wondering why their comments don't seem to post to my blog.  I pretty much manage my comments by being alerted to them in Google Feed Reader, click on the link there and it takes me to the post/comment where I can respond.  Well, Blogger has a Comments management tab that I don't really use much unless I'm trying to search for something in the comments (even then I can search just as well in Google reader).  So anyway, I just discovered that a number of comments that show in my reader do not make it onto the blog.  Perhaps if I respond right away Blogger automatically moves them out of spam, but I get no other notice like a red flag on the Comments tab that there have been some comments moved to a Spam Inbox.  Who knew?

Anyway, I have 19 comments in there, some I know have been published, some don't show up.  I'll be "unspamming" them now.

Sorry about that!  Live and learn :-)

Edit:  Oh, BTW, if any of you have tried, like Melchior, to post repeatedly, do you get any sort of error message or does your comment just not show up?  I'm perplexed how Blogger decides what might be spam because nobody posts that much here that the traffic should be suspect and it has let through other posts from many of these authors.  Dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment