Sunday, July 4, 2010

Why You Have High Property Taxes in Minneapolis

Watching TV last night and on comes a commercial with effeminate music and you see an effeminate guy riding a bike, a Prius, people smiling, more lame music, and of course, everybody is wearing a helmet and at the end you see a bumper sticker on a bike with the following URL.

I tried to find the commercial on Youtube and the website, but could not (because you really have to see it), regardless, I tender this question to the citizens of Minneapolis who have had their property taxes jacked up nearly 400% (and no, that's not a farcical statistic, it's real, I used to live there and saw it on my property tax bill every year);

DO YOU PEOPLE REALLY WONDER WHY YOUR PROPERTY TAXES ARE CONSTANTLY BEING INCREASED?

I ask because I really wonder if the typical liberal in Minneapolis ever links their perpetually increasing property taxes with frivolous programs like the "Walk Ambassador Program" and now commercials like the one I saw last night. A commerical that had NO POINT OR PURPOSE but to make bicycle riding in the Twin Cities look like a passer-by sport for weak, meek, effeminate little girls. A commercial that isn't even advertising a product or a service. Just a blantant wasting away of taxpayers money that really calls into question if there's any spending control occuring at the municipal level.

I being serious when I say this - I want a liberal from Minneapolis to rationlize this for me. Explain to me why this is a good thing? Or why these programs warrant a 5% of market value property tax? Do you not get the relationship between your fleecing level of property taxes (and consequently, lower property values) with R.T. Rybak's spending binge on worthless programs like this? I just sit slack jawed-amazed with the waste and how time after time again you people in Minneapolis just keep on shooting yourselves in the foot financially by doing this.

Regardless, I no longer live there and no longer pay the property taxes so I can sit back and enjoy a cigar and watch you slowly turn into Nuevo Detroit. But when you inevitably wake up one day and ask yourself, "Gee, why aren't property values going up" look at those brand spanking new bike paths you have, along with that Jim Dandy commercial (and your $50,000 drinking fountains) and see if that makes you feel any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment