Friday, July 30, 2010

Cartoons Before Movies

The movie was listed to start at 115PM.

Natasha and I sat there patiently, suffering commercials and appeals to buy overpriced soda and popcorn for about 10 minutes.

THEN, 115PM arrives.

Where after Natasha and I suffered another 30 F@#*ING minutes watching MORE commercials, interspersed with previews.

The movie finally starts at 145PM.

Can somebody in the industry answer me this one simple question;

"Why in Spike Spiegel's name do they NOT show Bugs Bunny cartoons anymore before the movie?"

Does anybody in the cinema industry realize how much of a competitive advantage they would have over their peers if they'd just bleeping get rid of the advertisements and throw up some old school Bugs Bunny?

Oh, wait, that's right. I forget. I'm THINKING. Foolish me thinking of the customer first and somehow trying to improve a product.

And BTW, it was Carmike theaters I had to suffer this waste of time with. If you ever want to see a movie at a Carmike theater, just show up 30 minutes last and the movie should about be ready to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment