Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Captain Is In Desperate Need of Women

Greetings Ladies of the Cappy Cap Persuasion!

I am in desperate need of help from the ladies in the Capposphere. 

As you may or may not know I am trying to release "Enjoy the Decline" before Christmas.  The writing is on schedule, but the editing and proof reading also has to be done.  Normally I rely on a two-lady team to do my editing and proofing, but it is at the mercy of their schedule and when they have free time which I fear will not be before December 25th.  And so I am looking to the fine, pretty, gorgeous, sexy, intelligent, witty, charming, beautiful, sexy, wonderful, exceptional, beautiful, intoxicating, pretty, smart, beautiful ladies in my readership for any one charitable and kind enough to volunteer their proof-reading services.

I am not asking for any one person to proof read the WHOLE book, but rather just one chapter.  There are 14 chapters in total, so if I am blessed enough to have 14 volunteers, I would be very thankful.

Keep in mind though, it's really boring.  I'm not looking for content editing, I'm looking for TYPOS.  Wrong words, incorrect words, or sentences that do not make sense.  So it means you have to edit it, word by word, not "read it."  It should also be easier than normal in that I DON'T  CARE ABOUT GRAMMAR.  I don't care about what the appropriate use is for a semi-colon vs. a full-colon, I like dangling participles and I do love my run on sentences.

If you are interested, please let me know by e-mailing me.  I'll e-mail you a chapter and you can notate the typos however you want to e-mail me back. 

Sorry men, but women are just better at proof-reading.  Unless you REALLY THINK you can be as detailed as the ladies, I prefer the anal retentive lording over details that women...errr...I mean "precision" skills women seem to be naturally gifted with.

No comments:

Post a Comment