Thursday, June 14, 2012

More Bloggo Science

Sigh.  I would normally comment on a person's blog if I read something like this:  Insulin, the Un-dead and coffin nails, but since Peter doesn't want to distract his readership with potentially productive discussions amongst them, I refrain from posting there.  In the article he makes two statements I find rather outrageous:
Hyperglycaemia causes insulin resistance. This is not controversial, as far as I am aware.
It's not controversial in those circles who repeat it uncritically.  It's not really controversial that this statement is wrong.    Let's take this together with another statement:
Let's summarise. This is very, very important:
   Excess insulin causes insulin resistance
End summary.
This is just day to day internal medicine. You have to pay the mortgage somehow.
Only this too is at the very least controversial, and almost certainly not true in most cases.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment