Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Me & "The Community" ~ Part I: Where I'm coming from ...

I had a number of posts in the works in the wake of Kruisegate that got buried a bit by other crap storms and hope to get back to them at some point.  This is one of those that was re-sparked by an email I received a little ways back.  It read:

Subject:  Here's some support from a random paleo dieter
Hi Evelyn, I just wanted to throw a bit of support your way regarding your blog.  When I first ventured into this paleo/evolutionary nutrition thing, it was through the Fathead/Gary Taubes route, so I wasn't always open to reading your site, but I did occasionally, and it always challenged me and opened up my mind a little.  Now that the days of obsessing about ketosis are over, I feel I've reached a much more balanced place with my current diet, and I do generally attribute that to people like you who are battling against the kind of glucophobia Jimmy Moore encourages.  I've seen almost immeasurable benefit from this way of eating, and it's not blunted or reversed at all when I eat a decent amount of plant starch, and I'd like to thank you for helping me get to that point.  If it wasn't for the dissenters, I don't know how long I'd be peeing on sticks.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment