Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Captain's Crusade for Snakeskin Boots

OK, Cappy Cappites. I need your help.

Here's the story.

As you know my exploits and adventures have me coming into contacts with rattlesnakes on a regular basis. They are actually cowardly creatures and unless provoked will scurry away from you, rarely biting you.

However, it dawned on me how cool would it be to own a pair of rattlesnake boots? And not just a pair of snakeskin boots, but made from snakes I actually captured myself.

So the ole Captain goes out on teh interwebz and searches for snake skin boot manufacturers. He can only find retailers. He goes to a local skin/hide store in Custer, SD and asks the guy there WITH SNAKE SKINS AND RATTLESNAKE BELTS and even he doesn't know where to send me. I call taxidermists, shoe repair people, all the way from Wisconsin to Wyoming.

Nothing.

It's like NOBODY makes snakeskin boots, even the retailers don't know who ultimately manufactures them.

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW A TAXIDERMIST OR A BOOT MAKER OR A SHOE REPAIR GUY WILLING TO ACCEPT PAYMENT TO TAKE SNAKE HIDES AND MAKE THEM INTO BOOTS?

Swear to the patron saint this would not have been a problem in the 1940's.

On an interesting side note. Not to go "Zuckerberg" on you guys or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment