Friday, July 15, 2011

Join the discussion on: Effects of LF Diet on glucose, insulin and IR in the WHI Trial

This seemed like a good paper to discuss in our next installment of the discussion of scientific literature.  Since this is a new concept, I'll briefly describe what I'm doing here and let y'all have at it!  I am embedding a discussion topic from the Meeting Rooms in this blog post (this time I'll shut off comments, if you want to give some input/feedback on this concept in general, add your thoughts to the comments on the inaugural post).  This time the PDF is being shared through Google docs so everyone can have access to the full text.  All are welcome to join and I hope you will!  I have some thoughts on this one, but will probably lurk and wait until hopefully a few folks have added their says.  I realize some made comments already on another thread regarding this.  If it's not too much trouble perhaps you can C&P them into the discussion here.   Hat tip to O'Primitivo for bringing this up.

Let's discuss!

Effects of LF Diet on glucose, insulin and IR in the WHI Trial
James M Shikany, Karen L Margolis, Mary Pettinger, Rebecca D Jackson, Marian C Limacher, Simin Liu, Lawrence S Phillips, and Lesley F Tinker.   Am J Clin Nutr 2011;94:75–85.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment