Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Insulin Wars IV.1: Todd Becker of Getting Stronger blog responds

I received an email from Todd Becker of Getting Stronger blog who tried to add his comments/responses to my review of his contribution on Jimmy's blog regarding James Kreiger's Insulin Series.

Here is a link to that installment:  Insulin Wars IV: Todd Becker of Getting Stronger blog

I did my best to retain the emphasis/formatting from Todd's email.  So, with apologies in advance if any of my responses are repetitious of my initial post, without further adieu:

Todd writes:

Hi CarbSane,
Congratulations on your articulate, informative and passionate podcast interview on Jimmy Moore’s site. Small world: I’ll be a guest on his podcast in a few weeks. Your interview inspired me to look at your blog, where lo and behold I found your critical review of my analysis of James Krieger’s views about insulin, which I wrote for Jimmy’s blog. I appreciate the time and thought that went into your analysis, and I’ve learned several interesting things from your site. But if you would permit me, I’d like to respond to what you wrote about my analysis. To do full justice to both of us would take many pages, and would bore most readers, so I’d like to just make a few basic points here to set the record straight, and to raise some additional questions:
I'm more than happy to do this.  The comments feature here at blogger is limited.  For one thing, if you use even one HTML tag for emphasis, a length limit kicks in.  For another, detailed responses would not be done justice for discussion purposes due to the flat form non-threaded nature of the response system here.  I do however have a response to many of Todd's points, so I think it is best to do that within the context of a single blog post.  So ... Todd's remarks will be (indented) in a quotation in default font.  My responses will be in purple, not-indented, and I'll try to be consistent to use a "CS:" so there won't be any confusion.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment